Photobucket Walk by faith, not by sight

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The war that's never won;

I hadn't kept track of time for the past 10 weeks. I was all too occupied with preparing for A div, trainings were frequent, too frequent in fact, like 5 times a week. By the way, my definition of week doesn't include weekends. The only one thing I did, which for god's sake didn't have anything to do with netball, was to drag my feet to school every single morning. Muscle aches don't seem to go away, I did intervals as often as I brush my teeth, oversleeping on bus 31 just to wake up and find myself at TPY interchange at 715 (apparently hopeless to reach school on time) was a 'as-usual' thing, homework accumulated like the unread TIMES magazines at home. I got so sick and tired of the netball court.

But, I miss the rectangular boxes of green and red, and the two iconic kallang netball poles that accompanied at both ends, as well as those who were always there, every fortnight from 6-930pm.

From the first game with SRJC, to the game with HCI, we indeed came a long way. And it's heartening to witness how much the entire team grew together throughout this whole season. The team only formed in February, we struggled with complementing each other on court. Still, we made it through. I'm awfully glad to be a part of this team, and joining SA netball, I would confidently say, is a correct choice. Long live SAJC Netball `09. :)

A TEAM ONLY HAPPEN ONCE, AND I'M GLAD I'M PART OF THIS AWESOME TEAM.
They say, all good things come to an end. Ms Lin's leaving. I can't explain why, despite her spending little time with the team, I've grown to become very reliant on her. I see hope in her presence, I find a reason for fighting hard in A div. She changed my attitude towards competitive netball. I'm skeptical towards the new coach whose coming, I'm sure he/she wouldn't be able to make me feel the same way. I can feel my drive fading away, but no matter how lousy I feel about it, I lack the motivation to buck up.
I'm glad I have 16 which never fail to make me laugh every single day. HAHA. And a CivicsTutor who talks like a bullet train, always overly concern about the student's welfare, allowing us to take out our ties during practical for the fear that we might just end up strangling ourselves if we were to flip it behind our shoulders LOL. I have a strict but dramatic GP teacher who has a penchant for leaving 4 out of 6 buttons unbuttoned always droning on about homosexuality issues. I have this kawaii Chinese teacher with the kawaii fringe of hers always bombarding us with kawaii Chinese worksheets. And this biology teacher who calls biology students 'a special breed of students'. Maybe I shouldn't lament about life that often afterall. God's been kind, probably.
Anyway, I really miss alot of people. Especially C&G, BLACK, the netballers, my 4a classmates, and the list goes on.
Holidays are here. Time to readjust my focus back to studying. No more using 'tournament period' as an excuse, oh well how sad. I hate holiday lectures to the core. Man. :( I'm in SA comlab1 now, and then this teacher's depriving me of playing bejeweled on the computer, Zenia's mad over her Boys Over Flowers Korean Version.
I don't know when I'll be back to blog, but I doubt its anytime soon. My friends out there, please tell me you miss me and you want to meet me. HAHA :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home